These days, the cost of repair and other maintenance tasks is growing sky high. No wonder most homeowners nowadays opt to do the repairs themselves just to save cash. It’s an advantage if you have the skills and the experience. Take, for example, you want to change the look of your kitchen but you don’t have enough cash to pay for a quality painter Melbourne has to offer. It’s great if you can paint the kitchen cabinets yourself, but what about those who have no skills in handling any home improvement tasks?
It’s never too late to learn a new skill, especially if you are really short on cash. However, if you want to update the look of your kitchen in a budget-friendly way, don’t attempt large projects yet. Everyone has to start from the basic before tackling complicated tasks. Painting your walls and ceilings is something that even amateurs can do. With the right tips and tricks from experts, you can definitely pull it off and transform the look of your home.
Take a look at these best-kept secrets that professional painters use. Not only will you transform the look of your home, you will also trick your guests that it was done by a professional.
1. Paint Your Trims First Before Ceilings and Walls. There is a certain order that a professional Melbourne quality painter follows. If you paint the trims first before ceilings and walls, you can easily tape them off when it’s time for you to paint the ceilings and then walls. Taping off the wall is an absurd idea so start with the trims, let them dry before taping them off. This will ensure that you will have a clean, no-mess professional look once you are finished.
2. Mix Several Cans of Paint for Consistency. The labels may state that they are the colours you want, however, it is possible to have a slight colour difference. You don’t want to stop painting in the middle of the wall just to open a new can of paint. The next can might have a slightly darker or lighter shade than the previous one. To prevent this from happening, mix all colours in a five-gallon bucket so you will have a consistent colour throughout the whole room. If you want to get quality results, you can always hire quality painter Melbourne has today. Click here Living Coulours
3. Allow the Paint to Dry Before Removing the Tape. On the first step, you have taped the trims to have a tidy paint job after. Your trims are protected and will not have a spot of colour, thanks to the painter’s tape. If you pull the tape off from the trim without cutting the edges, you might tear pieces of dried paint off the wall. This will look messy. To keep it consistently mess-free, wait until the wall paint dries up before you grab a knife. Using the knife, cut the tape lose for a perfect edge.
4. Use High-Quality Brushes, Painter’s Tape and Roller Covers. You want to ensure that your paint project comes out as professional as possible. That is why it is recommended to get the top of the line brushes, tape, and roller covers. If you have to invest in great paint, you don’t want them to go to waste by using low-quality products. If you want excellent coverage, go for high-end brushes, rollers and painter’s tape. On the other hand, if you find this task too time-consuming, contact a quality painter Melbourne has today to do it for you.
5. Paint from Top to Bottom. Before you use the rollers, make sure to paint the edges with a brush. This will serve as your mark and help protect your trims from having spots of paint. When using the paint rollers, start from top to bottom. Once the area is dry, leave it alone for a while until it is dried enough for a second coat. Take note, it is not recommended to paint over a slightly dried pain as it can leave lap marks or streaks.
The abovementioned are just a few of the many ways you can work like a quality painter in Melbourne. The next time you want to update the look of your home, start by painting. It is not very expensive but is one of the best ways to bring fresh life to your room. Having the same wall colour can be boring, but painting your walls can also refresh your outlook and give you a brand new perspective. You can also visit http://www.livingcolours.net.au/ if you want to find quality painter Melbourne has these days.